h1
h1

Oct 21

Mackhouse Arcade Progress!!!

Category: Journal,Mini Mame

Okay so it has been a really long time since we have updated anything on this blog. Darn facebook!!! Sorry about the lack of updates or info or anything for that matter. That being said I have over the past few weeks been back at the mini mame project.

Sadly I have lost a few pictures along the way so it will feel like I jumped a step here. Last we left off I had the cardboard prototype all put together. Since then I bought ¬†sheet of 1/2″ MDF and an awesomely old table saw which weighs a ton as it is all cast iron. It has lasted some 50+ years and will probably last some about that much more although it is insanely heavy and big. I can tell you there are a lot of other tools I would love to have for this project (band saw, fixed belt sander, etc) but I have had to improvise. I manage to cut out all the pieces with just the table saw and a jig-saw and the help of many helpful new clamps (seriously I think this project is just an excuse to buy more tools). ¬†After this I placed in all the bracing supports and then dry fitted everything to see if it would all fit.¬†Luckily¬†everything seemed to be all right and the main issues where in figuring out how to mount the external usb’s, these will allow for external keyboards, mices and game controllers.

 

After all this was time to layout the joystick and buttons which I did in cardboard then tested with the hardware. Everything worked swimingly, so with the control board in place it was time to drill, I also drilled extra buttons on the side of the cabinet and under the main control board these will allow for player select and pinball games. Feeling comfortable with everything it was time to glue and assemble everything together (fingers crossed). I learned in this process to take one pieces at a time I was excited to get it all in place in one sitting but highly recommend taking your time, and you can never have enough clamps. Next up was figuring out how the monitor would be mounted. This took some time and though but in the end was a lot simpler than I was¬†originally¬†planning as seen in the pictures. Pleased with everything I am now just filling in some nail holes and sanding the cabinet down in prep for the primer and paint. On the hardware side I had now got my monitor and marquee lighting running off the PSU, very exictied about this as one of my goals was to have only one power cord. More on this later. Below are pics on the final glued together cabinet. Now off to paint…

  

No comments »
h1
h1

No Comments

Leave a comment

h1
h1